Monday, August 1, 2011

Tim Lambesis (As I Lay Dying) Says Something About Forsaken

      Inilah tanggapan Tim Lambesis saat ditanya tentang makna dari lagu Forsaken, track ke-5 dalam album An Ocean Between Us (2007), here it goes :

We asked lead singer Tim Lambesis, "Is 'Forsaken' about your faith, or is there another meaning?" Here's his reply:
"'Forsaken' is not about my faith at all, but it does address issues of faith in a round about way. Belief is simply words if not followed by action. 'Forsaken' is about the poor and the oppressed of the world that we (definitely including myself) turn our backs on without even realizing it. They are the ones who have been forsaken by many of us consumers who oppress them, yet somehow we are the ones full of emptiness and loneliness." (learn more at asilaydying.com)


Di atas Tim Lambesis mengatakan : "Forsaken adalah lagu tentang orang-orang yang malang dan tertekan oleh dunia (termasuk diriku)."
Well, this is one of my favourite songs, bagian yang paling saya suka adalah saat Josh Gilbert menyanyikan lirik ini :

Our selfishness consumes us
Until the whole world is not enough
Forgive the day that I erased
That I erased your name, that I erased your name
For it's the memory of me that will decay

Author : Adamx Chaidir 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...